Rekindling New Brunswick Through Community Builders
COALITION OF CONCERNED CITIZENS SYMPOSIUM 2022
The secret to our future sustainability is the empowerment of local communities.
The relationship between organizations, citizens, (and their communities) is changing and this change is going to require a fundamental shift in behaviors from both professionals in organizations (including government) and citizens.
A series of four organized symposiums around the province, and we have invited Cormac Russell from Ireland to be our keynote speaker at each event. Cormac is a social explorer, an author and much sought-after speaker. He is managing director of Nurture. In this four day event Cormac will lead a discussion on how best to put our communities at the center of change in New Brunswick as well as the following:
- What can communities do that organizations/government cannot?
- What can communities do with organizations/government that neither can do alone?
- What can organizations/government do that communities cannot?
- How can we get these competencies and strengths better aligned?
In addition, we will have a panel discussion on education and health reform. Two economists will be speaking including David Campbell and Herb Emery.
Cormac Russell is a social explorer, an author and a much sought-after speaker. He is Managing Director of Nurture Development and a faculty member of the Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) Institute, at DePaul University, Chicago.
Over the last 25 years, Cormac’s work has demonstrated an enduring impact in 35 countries around the world. He has trained communities, agencies, NGOs and governments in ABCD and other community-based approaches in Africa, Asia, Australia/Oceania, Europe and North America.
Cormac’s TEDx talk can be viewed here
His most recent book (Cascade Books, 2020) is: Rekindling Democracy – A Professional’s Guide to Working in Citizen Space
Panel Discussion on Health Reform at CCC Symposiums in Fredericton, N. B.
- Brenda Kinney RNMN Vice President Horizon and Chief Nursing Officer
- Suzanne Johnson Co-Chair of Health Care Task Force
- Gerald Richard, Co-Chair of Health Care Task Force
- Dr. Mark MacMillan President of NB Medical Society
- Dr. Bill Morrison, Psychologist, UNB professor and specialist in ISD
June 24, 2022
Fredericton Delta Marriott
9-4, Lunch included